SECOND LIBEL CASE | Trillanes welcomes libel cases against him

2 months ago

September 23, 2018 – Senator Antonio Trillanes IV welcomed on Sunday the second libel case filed by former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo “Pulong” Duterte for linking him to the P6.4 billion worth of shabu smuggled from China.

In a statement, Trillanes said it would be his opportunity to prove that the presidential son is part of a Chinese drug syndicate.

“It will be an opportunity to call Polong as a hostile witness, so he would be compelled to show his tattoo on his back to prove that he is a member of a Chinese triad drug syndicate,” he said.

The Senator added it would be his chance to subpoena the bank accounts of the President’s son.

On Wednesday last week, the younger Duterte filed a libel complaint against Trillanes at the Davao City Prosecutor’s Office for his alleged “illegal drug smuggling.”

Prior to this, Duterte and his brother-in-law, Atty. Manases “Mans” Carpio, filed separate libel complaints against the Senator after he has accused them in a radio interview of extorting money from a ride-hailing company and government agencies.

Earlier, the known critic of the President said the libel cases filed against him is the administration’s form of harassment.

(Read Also: ‘JUST A SHAKE DOWN’ | Trillanes ready to face libel raps from Duterte’s kin)