Loading
Breaking
Now Reading: ON PAMPANGA COPS | Aquino retracts, tells Senate Albayalde asked not to implement order
ON PAMPANGA COPS | Aquino retracts, tells Senate Albayalde asked not to implement order
October 3, 2019 , 07:37 PM

(OCTOBER 3, 2019) – An emotional Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) chief Aaron Aquino told a Senate investigation that he was asked by now-Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Oscar Albayalde not to implement disciplinary action against 13 erring Pampanga police officers involved in the resale of seized illegal drugs.

Aquino said at the resumption of the Senate hearing that he hesitated in the last hearing to divulge Albayalde’s request because of death threats.

He further explained that while Albayalde indeed called up to know the status of Police Major Rodney Baloyo and others, he also asked not to implement the resolution on the motion for reconsideration regarding the case of the cops.

“[H]e also added during the same [call] request, and I quote: ‘Sir, baka puwedeng huwag mo munang i-implement ang order,'” added Aquino, then a director of Region 3 Police Office, before narrating that when he asked Albayalde why, the latter answered “kasi mga tao ko sila.”

“The exact words are: ‘Sir, pinaghahandaan nila ang pamilya mo,'” the PDEA chief said. “I literally broke down into small pieces hearing the information… I feel so helpless and defeated. I was asking myself: Is this fight worth it? Why will I gamble the safety of my family,” he added.

Baloyo spearheaded the controversial buy-bust operation in Pampanga in 2013, when Albayalde was still Pampanga police director. At the time of the conversation between the two, Albayalde was the director-general of the NCR Police Office.

During the previous hearing, Aquino said Albayalde was only asking for the status of the Pampanga policemen’s case.

But Baguio City mayor Benjamin Magalong, who was then the chief of the PNP-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG), who bared in the hearing that Aquino himself had told him earlier that Albayalde asked him not to implement an order.

However, the PNP chief said it would not have mattered, because the said motion for reconsideration was “partially granted” from dismissal to one-rank demotion by Brigadier General Rudy Lacadin, Aquino’s predecessor in the Central Luzon chief post.

“Hindi ko naman tinawagan si Gen. Lacadin, kaya maliwanag dito na hindi naimpluwensiyahan si Aquino. Ang decision noon pa ay already partially granted,” Albayalde said. (Randell Ritumalta/MM)

More From News5
Nasa 33,000 sa Cebu, tumanggap ng ayuda kahit ‘di kwalipikado
Bukod sa COVID-19, pinoproblema na rin sa Cebu ang nasa 33,000 na nakakuha ng ayuda pero hindi naman qualified. Mayroon din daw nasa 1,000 na doble ang nakuha.
Published On: July 12, 2020
PNP Central Visayas chief, tiwalang makababalik din sa GCQ ang Cebu City
#SaTotooLang | Tiwala ang hepe ng PNP Central Visayas na kaya nang bumalik sa general community quarantine ng Cebu City sa loob ng dalawang linggo, na unang sinabi ni Secretary Roy Cimatu. Aniya, kahit patuloy ang pag-akyat ng mga kaso ng #COVID19 sa lungsod ay dapat din daw tignan ang bilang ng mga gumagaling sa sakit.
Published On: July 12, 2020
'Emerging COVID-19 hotspots,' binabantayan na ng DOH
Tinututukan na ng Department of Health ang anim na lugar sa Visayas dahil sa onti-onting pagdami ng mga kaso ng #COVID19 dito, kabilang na ang Cebu.
Published On: July 12, 2020
Pagkamatay ng mga isda sa Laguna Lake, 'di raw dahil sa COVID-19
Nilinaw ng Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources na hindi ang COVID-19 ang naging dahilan sa pagkamatay ng 800 metric tons ng isda sa Laguna Lake, na nagdulot ng pagkahina ng bentahan sa mga palengke. | via Gary de Leon
Published On: July 12, 2020
Pamimigay ng PWD IDs sa Q.C., itinigil muna
Pansamantalang itinigil ng Quezon City ang pag-issue nito ng PWD card matapos madiskubreng nakakuha rin ng card na nagbibigay discount sa ilang serbisyo ang mga wala namang kapansanan. | via Jenny Dongon
Published On: July 12, 2020
Grade 7 student, viral matapos i-enroll ang sarili
Viral sa social media ang kwento ng isang batang ini-enroll ang sarili sa isang computer shop sa Caloocan. Ang ama naman ng bata, aminado ring hindi pamilyar sa makabagong paraan ng pag-enroll para sa nalalapit na pasukan. | via JC Cosico
Published On: July 12, 2020
Is Philippines ready for the blended learning scheme?
The kid who went viral online after struggling to enroll via piso-net, or coin-operated prepaid Internet, now faces an even bigger problem: He has no gadgets for DepEd's blended learning scheme.
Published On: July 12, 2020
DOLE, planong magbigay ng P40-B ayuda sa mga manggagawa
Planong magpatupad ang DOLE ng P40-B wage subsidy para sa mga manggagawang apektado ng COVID-19 pandemic. Nasa 90,000 na kasi ang nawalan ng trabaho dahil sa krisis.
Published On: July 12, 2020
OWWA, nanganganib ma-bankrupt dahil sa COVID-19 pandemic
Nagbabala ang Overseas Workers Welfare Administration na malapit na itong ma-bankrupt dahil sa patuloy nitong pagtulong sa mga OFW na nawalan ng trabaho dahil sa #COVID19 pandemic. | via Marie Ann Los Baños
Published On: July 12, 2020
DOH, ipinaliwanag ang mga kasalukuyang datos sa COVID-19
Ipinaliwanag ng Department of Health na kahit pataas ang COVID-19 cases sa bansa, gradual ito at hindi biglaan. Bumaba rin daw ang positivity rate dahil sa lumalawak na testing capacity. Naobserbahan naman ng kagawaran ang emerging hotspot (lugar kung saan dumarami ang kaso) sa Cebu City, Cebu province, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, Leyte, at Samar.
Published On: July 12, 2020
Top Stories
‘DEEPLY INSULTED’ | Private hospital union presidents slam Villar for ‘work harder’ remarks
(August 07, 2020) – The union presidents of private hospitals in the national capital region on Friday slammed a pro-administration lawmaker,
Published On: August 7, 2020
TECH SPAT | Trump bans transactions with Chinese owners of TikTok, WeChat
WASHINGTON, Aug 6 (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump announced Thursday sweeping bans on U.S. transactions with China’s ByteDance,
Published On: August 7, 2020
BEIRUT BLAST | Two more Filipinos die in Lebanon warehouse explosion, raising to death toll to 4
(August 07, 2020) – Two more Filipino citizens died in the massive warehouse explosion in Beirut, the foreign office said on Friday, raising
Published On: August 7, 2020
DIPLOMATIC OFFENSIVE | Pompeo calls allies in Southeast Asia to assure of US support on sea dispute
By Manny Mogato, News5 editor-at-large (August 7, 2020) – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has spoken with two Southeast Asia security par
Published On: August 7, 2020
MEDICAL INSURANCE MESS | PhilHealth denies corruption allegations; plans to sue whistleblower
(August 06, 2020) – The state-run medical insurance agency on Thursday denied the corruption allegations made by a former anti-fraud official
Published On: August 6, 2020