Loading
Breaking
Now Reading: ON VANDALISM | Manila declares Panday Sining group persona non grata
ON VANDALISM | Manila declares Panday Sining group persona non grata
December 6, 2019 , 08:27 PM

DECEMBER 6, 2019 — Left-wing activist Panday Sining is now unwelcome in the capital city Manila after local officials declared the spray-painting group persona non grata.

In a tweet posted by Manila Public Information Office, Mayor Francisco “Isko” Moreno Domagoso has signed a resolution declaring the group “persona non grata” in the city.

 

 

This comes after a series of vandalism incidents in the city despite the mayor’s warning.

Anakbayan protested the declaration as a form of harassment and a violation of the members’ rights under a “de facto Martial Law of the Duterte regime.”

“These drastic measures demonstrate that the regime’s knees are shaking. The heavy-handed treatment against Panday Sining proves that protest art is more necessary as democratic spaces for dissent become narrower than ever before,” said the group in a statement.

Panday Sining is the cultural arm of Anakbayan.

Four members of the group had been arrested for vandalizing walls of Light Rail Transit posts during the commemoration of Bonifacio Day last November 30.

Panday Sining initially reaped criticism from Moreno after spraypainting anti-China messages on the walls of the newly-painted Lagunsilad underpass.

Francis Joven, a representative of Panday Sining,said the graffiti painted in the Lagusnilad underpass is a form of art.
The group also said they are aware of the legal repercussions in every art they share to the public.

More From News5
Nasa 33,000 sa Cebu, tumanggap ng ayuda kahit ‘di kwalipikado
Bukod sa COVID-19, pinoproblema na rin sa Cebu ang nasa 33,000 na nakakuha ng ayuda pero hindi naman qualified. Mayroon din daw nasa 1,000 na doble ang nakuha.
Published On: July 12, 2020
PNP Central Visayas chief, tiwalang makababalik din sa GCQ ang Cebu City
#SaTotooLang | Tiwala ang hepe ng PNP Central Visayas na kaya nang bumalik sa general community quarantine ng Cebu City sa loob ng dalawang linggo, na unang sinabi ni Secretary Roy Cimatu. Aniya, kahit patuloy ang pag-akyat ng mga kaso ng #COVID19 sa lungsod ay dapat din daw tignan ang bilang ng mga gumagaling sa sakit.
Published On: July 12, 2020
'Emerging COVID-19 hotspots,' binabantayan na ng DOH
Tinututukan na ng Department of Health ang anim na lugar sa Visayas dahil sa onti-onting pagdami ng mga kaso ng #COVID19 dito, kabilang na ang Cebu.
Published On: July 12, 2020
Pagkamatay ng mga isda sa Laguna Lake, 'di raw dahil sa COVID-19
Nilinaw ng Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources na hindi ang COVID-19 ang naging dahilan sa pagkamatay ng 800 metric tons ng isda sa Laguna Lake, na nagdulot ng pagkahina ng bentahan sa mga palengke. | via Gary de Leon
Published On: July 12, 2020
Pamimigay ng PWD IDs sa Q.C., itinigil muna
Pansamantalang itinigil ng Quezon City ang pag-issue nito ng PWD card matapos madiskubreng nakakuha rin ng card na nagbibigay discount sa ilang serbisyo ang mga wala namang kapansanan. | via Jenny Dongon
Published On: July 12, 2020
Grade 7 student, viral matapos i-enroll ang sarili
Viral sa social media ang kwento ng isang batang ini-enroll ang sarili sa isang computer shop sa Caloocan. Ang ama naman ng bata, aminado ring hindi pamilyar sa makabagong paraan ng pag-enroll para sa nalalapit na pasukan. | via JC Cosico
Published On: July 12, 2020
Is Philippines ready for the blended learning scheme?
The kid who went viral online after struggling to enroll via piso-net, or coin-operated prepaid Internet, now faces an even bigger problem: He has no gadgets for DepEd's blended learning scheme.
Published On: July 12, 2020
DOLE, planong magbigay ng P40-B ayuda sa mga manggagawa
Planong magpatupad ang DOLE ng P40-B wage subsidy para sa mga manggagawang apektado ng COVID-19 pandemic. Nasa 90,000 na kasi ang nawalan ng trabaho dahil sa krisis.
Published On: July 12, 2020
OWWA, nanganganib ma-bankrupt dahil sa COVID-19 pandemic
Nagbabala ang Overseas Workers Welfare Administration na malapit na itong ma-bankrupt dahil sa patuloy nitong pagtulong sa mga OFW na nawalan ng trabaho dahil sa #COVID19 pandemic. | via Marie Ann Los Baños
Published On: July 12, 2020
DOH, ipinaliwanag ang mga kasalukuyang datos sa COVID-19
Ipinaliwanag ng Department of Health na kahit pataas ang COVID-19 cases sa bansa, gradual ito at hindi biglaan. Bumaba rin daw ang positivity rate dahil sa lumalawak na testing capacity. Naobserbahan naman ng kagawaran ang emerging hotspot (lugar kung saan dumarami ang kaso) sa Cebu City, Cebu province, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, Leyte, at Samar.
Published On: July 12, 2020
Top Stories
ERRATIC DATA | Philippines may likely become Southeast Asia’s virus epicenter in a week
(August 05, 2020) – The Philippines may likely emerge this week as the epicenter of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) despite a decline
Published On: August 5, 2020
NEW PROTECTION | Philippines requires face shields in public transport starting August 15
(August 05, 2020) – Authorities are requiring the public using any mode of transportation to wear face shields, in addition to face masks, st
Published On: August 5, 2020
REGULATING SOCIAL MEDIA | Lorenzana upholds freedom of speech, disagrees with military chief
By Manny Mogato, News5 editor-at-large (August 5, 2020) — The Philippines’ defense chief on Wednesday said the anti-terrorism law should not be
Published On: August 5, 2020
DOUBLE WHAMMY | Tropical Storm Isaias brings tornadoes to US Northeast
NEW YORK, Aug 4 (Reuters) – Tropical Storm Isaias killed at least four people on Tuesday as it made its way up the U.S. Atlantic Coast, in
Published On: August 5, 2020
VIRUS EXPORTER | New Zealand, Taiwan report new COVID-19 cases imported from the Philippines
(August 05, 2020) – New Zealand and Taiwan on Wednesday reported new cases of coronavirus but these were all imported from the Philippines. B
Published On: August 5, 2020