DECEMBER 2, 2019 — Filipino athletes competing on the 30th Southeast Asian Games continue to sustain the country’s lead in the regional competition on Monday.
As of 5:50 p.m., the Philippines clinched a total of 65 medals consisting of 36 gold, 19 silver, and 10 bronze.
Here is the running list of medalists on Day 2:
– Monica Torres (women’s duathlon)
– Lea Denisse Belgira (women’s mountain bike downhill)
– John Derrick Farr (men’s downhill cycling)
– Edmar Tacuel (Pencak Silat-Seni Tunggal)
– Jesfer Huquire (men’s bantamweight padded stick)
– Elmer Manlapas (men’s featherweight padded stick final)
– Billy Joel Valenzuela (men’s lightweight padded stick final)
– Carloyd Tejada (men’s welterweight padded stick final)
– Hidilyn Diaz (women’s weightlifting 55kg division)
– Jedah Mae Soriano (women’s featherweight padded stick)
– Ross Ashley Monville (women’s lightweight padded stick)
– Abegail Abad (women’s welterweight padded stick)
– Gilas Pilipinas (women’s basketball 3×3)
– Gilas Pilipinas (men’s basketball 3×3)
– Triathlon team (triathlon mixed relay)
– Eleazar Barba Jr. (men’s downhill cycling)
– Jones Inso (Wushu Men’s Taolu Taijijian)
– Joey Delos Reyes (men’s duathlon)
– Celedonio Tayao (men’s benchrest air rifle event)
– Billy Joel Valenzuela (men’s lightweigh padded stick)
The Philippines displayed a dominant start from the early hours of competition yesterday. The country targets to be on top three this year after placing only sixth in the previous SEA Games.
In 2005, the country was the overall champion after winning 290 medals (112 gold, 85 silver and 93 bronze).
— News5 AKSYON (@News5AKSYON) December 1, 2019
This is a developing story.