SEPTEMBER 12, 2019 – Senator Richard Gordon on Thursday slammed a Bureau of Corrections official over their “erroneous” list of prisoners released on basis of good conduct, which included convicted plunderer Janet Lim Napoles.
The alleged mastermind of the P10-billion pork barrel scam appeared to be guilty of rape in the bureau’s document dated November 2018, despite being meted with a 40-year prison sentence in a plunder case along with Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla, Jr. who was acquitted last year.
Isa ang convicted plunderer at tinaguriang “pork barrel queen” na si Janet Lim Napoles sa mga nasa listahan ng mapapalaya sa ilalim ng good conduct time allowance o GCTA law.
📸: Bureau of Corrections pic.twitter.com/lP757ft08y
— News5 AKSYON (@News5AKSYON) September 12, 2019
“Ang kaso ni Napoles doon rape, paano naman mangre-rape ‘yung babae? Inaaral mo ba ‘yung ginagawa mo?” Gordon chided documents section chief Ramoncito Roque, who was present during the Senate probe on the anomalies in the implementation of good conduct time allowance law.
The Department of Justice clarified that Napoles remained behind bars.
“Janet Lim Napoles has not been released. She remains at the Correctional Institution for Women,” Undersecretary Markk Perete said.
Apart from her plunder case with Revilla, Napoles is facing several plunder and graft charges in connection to the misuse of pork barrel funds of former senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada.
The two former officials ran in the 2019 elections but failed to secure a Senate seat, unlike Revilla who is still facing graft charges.
The blue ribbon committee chairman also bared that some of the convicts for release under sacked BuCor chief Nicanor Faeldon have false records, citing findings from his staff.
“197 of the 800 plus na kaso na papalayain sa panahon ni Faeldon, ‘yung sinubmit niyo mali! Mali ang kaso, double entry, dalawang tao nakalagay ang pangalan doon mahirap talaga siguro pagka walang pampadulas ano?” Gordon said.
Roque tried to explain the supposed “erronous” list.
“Yun po ang pinaliwanag sa akin ng computer section namin na nagkakaroon po ng pagpangalan, nadodoble,” he said.
But a visibly irked Gordon refuted his statements.
“Na-check na noong nabalita na sinabi ko may mga pangalan doon ang kaso rape…Palusot na ‘yan, nahuli na eh,” Gordon said.
Roque is under preventive suspension after the “GCTA for sale” scandal broke out. He was accused as one of the operators of the said modus.
“May stamp ka doon. Ito ay kasaysayan ng isang tao na siguro hindi naman kagalingan pero kunwari masipag nabigyan ng trabaho pero ang daming palpak,” Gordon furthered. (Karen Macalalad/ AAD)